Discover the best of The Hague in one cycle tour
Distance: 15 km
Cycling along the boulevard of Scheveningen. Photo © Holland-Cycling.com
This tour takes you on a round trip through The Hague - the governmental centre of Holland - and the neighbouring seaside resort Scheveningen. So bring along your swimming gear if the weather’s good! You will follow a bike friendly route that takes you past many of the city's historic and cultural must-see sights, such as the Binnenhof, Peace Palace and the boulevard of Scheveningen. A great way to explore The Hague just in one day!
For easy access, we start the tour at The Hague Central train station, where there are car parking and bike rental facilities. Feel free to start the tour wherever it's convenient for you. Bike rental is available in various places in The Hague and Scheveningen. For an overview of bike rental companies, go to Bicycle rental in The Hague. The tour is only 15 km, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the sights along the way. If you want to pay an extensive visit to one of the museums, we recommend you do this another day.
We provide brief information on the sights along this tour. If you want to know more about the places you will visit, we suggest you use a guidebooks of The Hague which is widely available in different languages.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable cycling experience
- Before you set out, make sure you downloaded the most recent, up-to-date version of this route directly from our website via the button below.
- Traffic rules and regulations in Holland might be different than at home. Make sure you are familiar with the rules that apply for cyclists in Holland. For more: Traffic rules & regulations.
- Beware of tram rails! To avoid getting you wheel stuck in the tram rails, always cross them at an angle.
- The centre of The Hague has a strict bike parking policy. Keep an eye out for the no bike parking signs: wrongly parked bikes will be removed! For more: Parking your bicycle in The Hague.
- Bike theft is a huge problem in The Hague. Never leave you bike unlocked, even if you're just taking a photo. For tips on preventing bike theft: Bicycle theft - how to avoid the pitfalls?
The Hague Highlights By Bike
|Type of route:||Daytrip, round trip|
|Starting point:|| |
The Hague Central train station
|GPS:||Download this route as a GPX file.|
Find out more:- For an overview of our must-do cycle routes in the The Hague region, go to: Day trips.
- For guided bike tours in and around The Hague, go to our Guided tours section.
- For cycling holidays that include The Hague, go to our Holidays section.