Tulip fields in springtime
Distance: 38 or 31 km
Cycling through the bulb fields. Photo © Holland-Cycling.com
This route takes you through the tulip fields of the Bulb and Dune region. In springtime the flowering bulbs form coloured stripes in the landscape. Highlight of the route is the Keukenhof, the world famous flower garden.
This route is all about seeing the tulip fields in flower, which is roughly from the end of March to the beginning of May. To have the best chance of seeing a good display of flowers, we recommend doing this route in the second half of April. If you’re in Holland outside the bulb season, we suggest you try one of our other routes in the area.
The Keukenhof flower gardens are open in 2023 from 23 March to 14 May.
Keukenhof Cycle Route
|Distance:||38 km (2h30) or 31 km (2h)|
|Type of route:||Day trip, round trip|
|Starting point:||Voorhout train station |
- Bicycle rental (OV-bicycle scheme only)
- Car parking
|Alternative starting point:||Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse |
- Bicycle rental
- Car parking (paid)
|GPS:||Download this route as a GPX file: 38 km or 31 km .|
Find out more:- For an overview of all of our must-do cycle routes, go to: Day trips.
- More springtime flowers: Linge Cycle Route.
- Do you need to rent a bike? Find out how on our Bicycle rental page.
- For an overview of guided tours in the Keukenhof region, go to our Guided tours section.
- For an overview of cycling holidays that include the Keukenhof, go to our Holidays section.