Discover the best of Amsterdam in one cycle tour
Distance: 13 km
Cycling along the Spiegelgracht. Photo © Holland-Cycling.com
This tour takes you on a round trip through the old centre of Amsterdam. You will follow a bike friendly route that takes you past many of the city's historic and cultural must-see sights, such as the Dam Square, Rijksmuseum and Anne Frank House. A great way to explore Amsterdam just in one day - by bike!!
For easy access, we start the tour at Amsterdam Centraal train station where there are car parking and bike rental facilities. Feel free to start the tour wherever it's convenient for you. Bike rental is available all over the city. For an overview of bike rental companies, go to Bicycle rental in Amsterdam. The tour is only 13 km, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the sights along the way. If you want to pay an extensive visit to one of the museums, we recommend you do this some other day.
We provide brief information on the sights along this tour. If you want to know more about the places you will visit, we suggest you use a guidebook of Amsterdam which is widely available in different languages.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable cycling experience
- Before you set out, make sure you downloaded the most recent, up-to-date version of this route directly from our website via the link below.
- Traffic rules and regulations in Holland might be different than at home. Make sure you are familiar with the rules that apply for cyclists in Holland. For more: Traffic rules & regulations.
- Beware of tram rails! To avoid getting your wheel stuck in the tram rails, always cross them at an angle.
- Amsterdam has a strict bike parking policy. Keep an eye out for the no bike parking signs: wrongly parked bikes will be removed! For more: Parking your bicycle in Amsterdam.
- Bike theft is a huge problem in Amsterdam. Never leave you bike unlocked, even if you're just taking a photo. For tips on preventing bike theft: Bicycle theft - how to avoid the pitfalls?
Amsterdam Highlights By Bike
|Type of route:||Daytrip, round trip|
|Starting point:|| |
Amsterdam Centraal train station
|GPS:||Download this route as a GPX file.|
Find out more:- For an overview of our must-do cycle routes in the Amsterdam region, go to: Day trips.
- For guided bike tours in and around Amsterdam, go to our Guided tours section.
- For cycling holidays that include Amsterdam, go to our Holidays section.